What does my child need to bring each day?
Your child should come dressed to play. We are in the woods, creek and edges of the pond each day. Your child will get dirty, sweaty, wet, muddy and their clothing will show this daily. They need to wear sturdy shoes for this kind of play, no flip flops or crocs.
Here is a list of things to bring each day in your backpack:
- A plastic, refillable water bottle: Proper hydration keeps our campers happy and cool. We will refill the bottles throughout the day.
- A lunch & a snack: packed in a reusable lunchbox/bag. All wrappers/uneaten food will be kept in the lunchbox and returned home as part of teaching Leave No Trace, Pack In/Out. Also, parents can be aware of what their child is eating at camp.
- Sun screen & Bug Spray: We will spend much of our time in the forest, but sunscreen will be important for field games. Please apply before you arrive & our counselors will re-apply as needed throughout the day.
- A hat: to keep the sun off of delicate faces.
- A rain jacket: Camp adventures will not be stopped by rain. We will seek shelter during lightning or severe weather.
- An extra set of clothes to change in case of getting wet and/or muddy: We will not be swimming but we often walk or sit in the creek. – optional item
- Sturdy sports sandals:Â with back straps (ie. Keens/Chaco/Teva styles) – optional item
*If a child forgets their lunch, the camp director will call the listed contact person. Lunch can be dropped off or camp will provide a pre-packaged lunch for a fee of $5.00.
*Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please label all of your child’s belonging. Unclaimed items will be held for 1 week, displayed at check-out, then donated to charity.
Visit our Parent Guide for more information.